Setting and Achieving Life’s Goals – The Vedic Way
We’re pretty much so caught up in a world full of madness. Over –communicated and over-stimulated. Work, home, family. study, relationships and the continuous insidious call of social media that eats into our lives more than we realise.
Is it a wonder then – that the concept of a quiet time where one can be with oneself to pause, reflect, unwind and have a sense of awareness of what is going on in life. And to plan ahead for a life that could make the difference to our sense of self – is virtually non-existent ?
Life-coaches charge fancy amounts for what now seems to be catching on – the phenomenon of setting personal development goals and identifying ways to achieve them. We’ve put together a simplified a goal-planning system which can be broken up into the following three parts and detailed each below :
1. How to choose your life goals
2. How to get there
3. How to keep track of all your goals and actions and your progress
How to choose life goals
Some of us may know what our life goals are. Some of us may realise those with a bit of quiet contemplation. Some may be fairly clueless as as they have never figured out what their dream is, or what they’d like to accomplish. For them, here are a few suggestions:
1. Take out some time for quiet contemplation.
2. Think about what’s important to you.
3. Think about what you’d like people to say about you when you die.
4. Brainstorm — make a list of all the things you’d like to do in life, things that sound fun and exciting and wonderful, and then choose the best of the list.
5. You don’t have to come up with your life goals right now. You could just think of something you’d like to achieve over the next 6 months to a year, and continue to explore different things until you find your dream.
How to get there
If you know your goals, the next question is how to get there. A simple method that’s used often is called backward planning. Here’s how it works:
- Have a clearly defined goal with a clearly defined outcome — you should be able to visualise what it looks like when you’ve accomplished the outcome. Try and be as specific as possible. Quantify it. Put dates to it.
- What is the last thing you’ll need to do to achieve that outcome? If your goal is to publish a book, for example, the last thing you’ll need to do (before the publisher does the layout and design, printing, marketing, etc.) is edit and submit the final draft. Right ?
- What is the thing you’ll need to do just prior before that final step? If we stick to the book example, you might want to get an outside editor to review your draft and give your criticisms and suggestions and edits.
- What is the thing you’ll need to do before that previous step? Keep working backwards – step by step, milestone by milestone until you get to the first step. The first step is what you need to focus on in order to begin. You would need to think of ideas and plots or topics for your book as your first step.
If you follow this plan, you’ll have a step-by-step guide to achieving your goal. Now you just need a way to keep track of your goals and your progress towards them
How to track and achieve your goals
Track your goals, broken down by into time periods (1 year, 5 years, 10 years, etc). with specific goals defined against each time period. You can further simplify this by choosing one to accomplish within the next 12 months. Or even choose a sub-goal of one of your life goals to accomplish in 12 months. And only choose ONE goal.
The key is to maintain focus on your one goal, and to put all your energy into achieving it. Don’t forget it, don’t be distracted from it. Maintain your focus, and you’ll achieve it.
The Best Wildlife escapes in India Resorts began to take shape. Brick by brick. Idea by idea. Detail by detail. Locations away from the city amidst nature and serenity. Creatively designed expansive guest spaces. Cuisine that would be personalised to guest tastes but put together in style with wine pairings and a mix of the fresh and exotic.
Concept meals that would include creative takes on the special cuisine of the soil. Service that was designed to be discreet yet attentive. And a curated selection of experiences for guests to discover the area, become one with nature and find themselves.
Times were challenging. But the journey continued. Goals were broken into tasks and sub-tasks. With everyone on the team working toward the goal of the creation of the Wildlife Safaris in India, Hand Picked Resorts & Hotels in Jaipur.
We’ve come a long way since then. The horizon is wider. The goals change and yet remain the same. Wildlife Safaris in India, Hand Picked Resorts & Hotels in Varanasi is taking shape.
Come, explore our world with us. Experience the fruits of our efforts. How we made dreams come true. Take time out for yourself. Be inspired. Because we believe we are different. And we make a difference.
To the lives of those who we meet. Including yours.
2 thoughts on “Setting and Achieving Life’s Goals – The Vedic Way”